Quick Chana Dal Samosa Recipe – Tea Time Snack
Quick Chana Dal Samosa Recipe – Tea-Time Snacks
Learn ways to make Chana Dal Samosa Recipe, who would not love to bite on some crunchy, delicious snacks while there’s a winters outside. Winter is the moment for some actual lip smacking treats. Our Chef brings you this tasty chana dal samosa recipe from Dawat E Swaad’s Kitchen to contribute to your food cravings.
|Preparation Time||20 Min|
|Cooking Time||45-55 Min|
|Total Time||65 Min – 75 Min|
For samosa filling:
- 1/2 cup chana dal (soaked & pressure cooked).
- Onion (carefully chopped).
- 1 tablespoon raisins.
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala.
- 1/2 teaspoon haldi.
- 1/2 teaspoon aamchur powder.
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder.
- Roasted cumin seeds powder.
- Salt to preference.
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar.
- 1/4 cup grated coconut.
- Coriander leaves.
For all objective flour paste:
- 1/2 cup water.
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour (maida).
- Samosa sheets/patti.
To Make Chana Dal:
- Soak the chana dal (gram flour) in water for concerning 6-7 hours.
- In a pressure cooker, add half cup of water as well as the soaked chana dal and pressure cook it for about 3-4 whistles.
- In case you do not have a pressure cooker, you could steam the chana dal for about 10-15 minutes, drain out all the warm water and after that allow it cool entirely.
To Make Samosa Filling:
- Warm oil in a pan as well as once it’s hot, include the onion as well as saute it for a minute.
- When the onion changes it’s color a little, add the raisins, the pressure cooked chana dal,.
- Make certain that there’s no water left in chana dal. If whatsoever there is, after that dry out the water entirely.
- Include garam masala, turmeric powder (haldi), raw mango powder (aamchur), red chilli powder and roasted cumin seed powder.
- Toss the chana dal lightly, making sure that the grains do not break.
- Add salt to taste, sugar, newly grated coconuts as well as coriander leaves and saute them.
- Let the filling cool entirely.
To Make all purpose flour paste:
- Take flour in a small bowl as well as include little water to it.
- The paste is prepared and also will be use of as a glue to secure the corners of the samosa.
- Take a samosa strip (samosa patti) and also start folding.
- The first fold would go a little beyond the edge then on the contrary side, making a triangular.
- Spoon the filling inside the folded sheet.
- After that fold up the rest part of the sheet to close the opening used for filling and also seal the corners with the assistance of the flour paste.
- Repeat the exact same procedure making more samosas.
- Flash fry the samosas in a pot of oil on a medium fire for concerning 1 minute.
- Take them off the flame when they become gold brown color.
- You can deep freeze it for at least 3-4 months and also before serving, just fry the samosa once more.